Sunday, February 20, 2011

Red Raspberry

This herbal tea is made by Bigelow and is non-caffeinated.

Flavor:  At first, it has a tart flavor, almost like some roses are so heavily fragranced that you can nearly taste them.  That tartness quickly disappears into a more neutral taste like a light fruit.  Lastly, there is a light and sweet aftertaste.  The tea is not sweet, but the taste is.

Suggested Additions:  I don't feel it needs anything, I like it how it is, but for the sake of experimenting, I added one half a spoonful of honey.  The honey seemed to mask a bit of the flavor, which I didn't think it needed.  However, if you are sensitive to sour tastes, honey or another sweetener would help neutralize that effect and would be a good thing for you to add to your tea.

Ingredients:  Hibiscus, rose hips, apples, elderberries, natural and artificial raspberry flavors

Purpose:  A friend said, "I'm gonna make some tea" and I thought that sounded so great that I made some as well.  I like that it has no caffeine, but am a little disappointed that there is also no raspberry in it, only the flavor of raspberry.  Still, it is a good tea, and I think it would be excellent lightly sweetened and then iced for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment